November 27, 2010

Willow Smith's AMA outfit a knockoff?


While watching the AMA's last week, I thought Willow Smith looked fab in the grey romper, slouchy boots & gloves. Sadly, it's the yellow harness that has caused quite a stir. Word has quickly spread throughout the fashion community that it was a total knockoff. Mildred Von Hildegard, head designer of Mother of London, designed the original. Mildred had this to say:
"I’m disappointed and saddened that this will negatively impact my business. My original design is now recognized in the mass media as someone else’s work, and it’s very hurtful on both a personal and professional levels. I hope this can be resolved, and I wish nothing but the best to Willow."
As of now, we don't know who exactly designed the knockoff version Willow was photo'd wearing. Her stylist, Mariel Haenn, released a statement explaining that she wasn't the one who styled little Willow for the award show.
"To be honest I have no idea who ‘styled’ her or the designer. Wish I did. I don’t ask my clients who they used when I’m not available."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...